The town of La Peña is located in the Municipality of Berriozábal (in the State of Chiapas). There are 6 inhabitants. Of all the towns in the municipality, it occupies the number #167 in terms of number of inhabitants. La Peña is at 838 meters of altitude.
The Mexican authorities declared this village as uninhabited in 2020.
The town of La Peña is located at 14.3 kilometers from Berriozábal, which is the most populated locality in the municipality, in the Southwest direction. If you browse our webpage, you will also find a map with the location of La Peña.
#1 Where is La Peña? How to get there? Map
How to get to the town of La Peña in Chiapas? Using this map, use the controls to zoom in and out on the village and others in the vicinity to see the direct route, and to be able to plan, for example, hiking activities in La Peña.
Do you want to know if your last name is among the most common in the Chiapas State? Here is a complete list of the most popular ones
#2 The population of La Peña (Chiapas) is 6 inhabitants
|Year||Female Inhabitants||Male inhabitants||Total population|
#3 Satellite photo of La Peña
With the satellite map of La Peña will I be able to look for my location? Yes, access the map, zoom in and see the surroundings of this town and the municipality of Berriozábal. You can search free satellite map (2023) of La Peña.
#4 Hotels and Accommodation near La PeñaDo you want to stay in La Peña? We don't have any hotel registered in this town, but you can check in this list of the closest accommodations to La Peña:
- AUTOHOTEL JR: 20 km away, direction South (14 minutes by car)
- AUTO HOTEL MALIBU: 21 km away, direction South (17 minutes by car)
- POSADA YAMILETH: 23 km away, direction Southeast (18 minutes by car)
- POSADA 24 HORAS: 22 km away, direction Southeast (18 minutes by car)
#5 Photos of La Peña
In order for you to enjoy nature around La Peña, we have compiled a collection of sightseeing and monument photographs of the town and its surroundings. Access a completely free online image gallery of La Peña, so you can even use it as a wallpaper to always remember this beautiful town.
#6 Vote for La Peña as the most beautiful town in Mexico
Do you like La Peña or don't you like it very much? Now you can vote for La Peña to let everyone know about it. Use these stars ("0" you don't like it much, "5" you like it a lot) to rate it with your opinion.
In the following links you can check the list of the best (and most beautiful) towns in Mexico and the State of Chiapas, by popular vote:
- The best towns in Mexico
- The most beautiful towns in Chiapas
#7 Comments and opinions about La Peña
#8 Other towns in the Municipality of Berriozábal
- Argusa (- inhabitants)
- Chicozapote (3 inhabitants)
- El Cairo (- inhabitants)
- Coles (3 inhabitants)
- El Ocote (3 inhabitants)
- El Paraiso (- inhabitants)
- El Porvenir (5 inhabitants)
- El Zapote (5 inhabitants)
- Jesús Zavaleta (2 inhabitants)
- Jorge Zepeda (7 inhabitants)
- La Castellana (- inhabitants)
- La Esperanza (40 inhabitants)
- Las Palmas (5 inhabitants)
- Monte Grande (4 inhabitants)
- Santo Domingo (- inhabitants)