The town of El Azafrán is located in the Municipality of Pueblo Nuevo (in the State of Durango). There are 15 inhabitants. It is the most populated town in the position #183 of the whole municipality. El Azafrán is at 1,020 meters of altitude.
To locate this beautiful town within the municipality, you must know that El Azafrán is located at 45.3 kilometers (in direction Northwest) from the locality of El Salto, which is the one that has more inhabitants within the municipality. Thanks to our webpage and the satellite map that you can locate at the bottom, you can see the position and visit the surroundings of El Azafrán.
Where is El Azafrán? How to get there? Map
Map to know how to get to El Azafrán (Durango) by road and with geographical references of the surrounding towns. With the controls you can zoom in and out to the position of El Azafrán, which has the following symbol
The population of El Azafrán (Durango) is 15 inhabitants
|Year||Female Inhabitants||Male inhabitants||Total population|
According to the 2010 official census, in the town there were 9 males and 6 females. The female/male ratio is 0.667, and the fertility rate is 1.17 children per woman. Of the total population, 0.00% comes from outside the State of Durango. 0.00% of the population is illiterate (0.00% of men and 0.00% of women). The level of schooling is 6.75 (7.50 in men and 6 in women).Indigenous culture in El Azafrán
0.00% of the population is indigenous, and 0.00% of the inhabitants speak one of the indigenous languages. 0.00% of the population speaks one of the indigineous languages, but not Spanish.Unemployment and the economy in El Azafrán
26.67% of the inhabitants (more than 12 years) are economically active (44.44% of the men, and 0.00% of the women).Housing and infrastructure in El Azafrán
In El Azafrán there are 6 dwellings. 0.00% of the dwellings have electricity, 0.00% have piped water, 0.00% have toilet or restroom, 25.00% have a radio receiver, 0.00% a television, 0.00% a fridge, 0.00% a washing-machine, 0.00% a car or a van, 0.00% a personal computer, 0.00% a landline telephone, 0.00% mobile phone, and 0.00% Internet access.
Hotels and Accommodation near El AzafránMany people want to stay in the town of El Azafrán itself, but unfortunately there are no hotels in the village yet. Don't worry, we have created this list of the closest accommodations, so you can ask if they have rooms available.:
- LA PIRAMIDE: 31 km away, direction Northeast (27 minutes by car)
- HOTEL VILLA BLANCA: 33 km away, direction West (25 minutes by car)
- MEXIQUILLO: 41 km away, direction North (27 minutes by car)
- CABAÑAS, VILLAS Y SIMILARES: 43 km away, direction North (34 minutes by car)
Satellite photo of El Azafrán
Amazing satellite GPS maps of El Azafrán, to see from space this beautiful village, as well as the surroundings of the municipality of Pueblo Nuevo. You can search free satellite map (2023) of El Azafrán.
Vote for El Azafrán
Do you like El Azafrán or don't you like it very much? Now you can vote for El Azafrán to let everyone know about it. Use these stars ("0" you don't like it much, "5" you like it a lot) to rate it with your opinion.
Other towns in the Municipality of Pueblo Nuevo
- Arroyo Hondo (14 inhabitants)
- Carboneras del Mil Diez (10 inhabitants)
- El Colorín (7 inhabitants)
- De los Ángeles El Durazno (- inhabitants)
- De Curachas El Saucito (6 inhabitants)
- De Chavarria Golondrinas (127 inhabitants)
- Jagüeyes (245 inhabitants)
- De San Jerónimo La Campana (386 inhabitants)
- La Colorada (27 inhabitants)
- De la Mesa de San Pedro La Escondida (352 inhabitants)
- Las Minitas (1 inhabitants)
- Los Naranjos (317 inhabitants)
- De Milpillas San Antonio (36 inhabitants)
- De Tierras Coloradas de Maíz Gordo Tierra Blanca (63 inhabitants)
- De Maíz Gordo Tierras Coloradas (305 inhabitants)