The town of San José is located in the Municipality of Pueblo Nuevo (in the State of Durango). There are 21 inhabitants. Of all the towns in the municipality, it occupies the number #157 in terms of number of inhabitants. San José is at 2,640 meters of altitude.
In 2020, the authorities declared it uninhabited.
The town of San José is located at 75.1 kilometers from El Salto, which is the most populated locality in the municipality, in the Northeast direction. If you browse our webpage, you will also find a map with the location of San José.
Where is San José? How to get there? Map
Map to know how to get to San José (Durango) by road and with geographical references of the surrounding towns. With the controls you can zoom in and out to the position of San José, which has the following symbol
The population of San José (Durango) is 21 inhabitants
|Year||Female Inhabitants||Male inhabitants||Total population|
According to the 2010 official census, in the town there were 10 males and 11 females. The female/male ratio is 1.100, and the fertility rate is 3.50 children per woman. Of the total population, 0.00% comes from outside the State of Durango. 14.29% of the population is illiterate (20.00% of men and 9.09% of women). The level of schooling is 4.11 (3.20 in men and 5.25 in women).Indigenous culture in San José
23.81% of the population is indigenous, and 4.76% of the inhabitants speak one of the indigenous languages. 0.00% of the population speaks one of the indigineous languages, but not Spanish.Unemployment and the economy in San José
14.29% of the inhabitants (more than 12 years) are economically active (30.00% of the men, and 0.00% of the women).Housing and infrastructure in San José
In San José there are 4 dwellings. 0.00% of the dwellings have electricity, 50.00% have piped water, 25.00% have toilet or restroom, 25.00% have a radio receiver, 25.00% a television, 0.00% a fridge, 0.00% a washing-machine, 25.00% a car or a van, 0.00% a personal computer, 0.00% a landline telephone, 0.00% mobile phone, and 0.00% Internet access.
Hotels and Accommodation near San JoséDo you want to stay in San José? We don't have any hotel registered in this town, but you can check in this list of the closest accommodations to San José:
- JOYAS DE COSCOMATE: 75 km away, direction West (62 minutes by car)
- POSADA HUICOT: 94 km away, direction Northeast (74 minutes by car)
- HOTEL PRINCIPAL: 95 km away, direction Northeast (66 minutes by car)
- HOTEL EN SAN FRANCISCO DEL MEZQUITAL: 92 km away, direction Northeast (74 minutes by car)
Satellite photo of San José
Amazing satellite GPS maps of San José, to see from space this beautiful village, as well as the surroundings of the municipality of Pueblo Nuevo. You can search free satellite map (2023) of San José.
Vote for San José
Do you like San José or don't you like it very much? Now you can vote for San José to let everyone know about it. Use these stars ("0" you don't like it much, "5" you like it a lot) to rate it with your opinion.
Other towns in the Municipality of Pueblo Nuevo
- Campamento Chiqueros (- inhabitants)
- El Corpo de Apomal (2 inhabitants)
- De la Enrramada El Desmonte (29 inhabitants)
- El Durazno (Ejido San Pablo) (85 inhabitants)
- El Encinal de los González (- inhabitants)
- De Laguna de Tortugas El Ojo de Agua (- inhabitants)
- El Vainillo (26 inhabitants)
- La Mesa de la Sierrita (6 inhabitants)
- Las Negras (16 inhabitants)
- De los Naranjos Los Limones (85 inhabitants)
- Los Mangles (- inhabitants)
- Maíz Gordo (166 inhabitants)
- De Milpillas Ojo de Agua (21 inhabitants)
- De el Puerto del Jarro Pericos (16 inhabitants)
- De Calaveras Tierra Blanca (5 inhabitants)